Foster Care Fortnight 2019
Foster Care Fortnight 2019 - 13 to 26 May 2019
Foster Care Fortnight™ is the UK's biggest foster care awareness raising campaign. Bury Council are proud to support the campaign as our team - Foster with Bury are looking to find more foster carers within the area to help keep children in the local community.
We believe that foster care changes futures - the futures of fostered children and young people and the futures of the foster families who care for them.
Have you ever had a moment in your life which you can look back on and see that your future changed at that time? Perhaps it was a teacher telling you that you were really good at something that is now your career? Or a relationship which led you to move? Or a trip overseas which gave you a different outlook on life? What was your moment? Fostering has the potential to be life-changing for fostered children and young people - it can #changeafuture.
This Foster Care Fortnight we want you to know that fostering is about changing futures. And, if you think you have the relevant skills and experience, we're calling on you to consider becoming foster carers so that you can also #changeafuture.
There are many ways in which to get involved with the campaign;
- Follow and like us on Facebook and Twitter - FosterWithBury
- Share our social media posts with your friends
- Staff at Bury Council can add an image to bottom of email signature - please contact email@example.com to be sent the image
- Consider being a foster carer yourself
- Speak to family and friends about the benefits of being a foster carer
- Consider being a Supported Lodgings provider which is providing a room in your home, and teaching life skills for 16-21 year olds to help them become independent adults
You can find further information on the different types of fostering on this website - however if you have any questions please contact our friendly team and they will answer any queries you have by phone 0800 9555 311, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.